Monday, September 04, 2006

An Odd (un)Labor Day weekend

It most certainly was an Unlabor Day weekend. I did the exact opposite of what the title assumes.
Ha!
Anyways, it was a weird one, to say the least. Saturday passed without incident. Loren and Stefan were home and Kendal was hanging out with friends from elsewhere most of the weekend. Sunday came around, and I was not able to find a ride to church. Turns out most of the Navs people that go to my church were on a Navs leadership retreat thingymabob. So, in lieu of the real church building, I downloaded a podcast of a sermon from August 13th. Yay technology! I had my own little church right here in my dorm room. Then the Mittelbergs (my aunt Beth, uncle Mark, and weird cousin Julia) called me up to invite me to dinner! The parents were in KC visiting Julia, who works in Olathe. So we went to Molly McGee's on Iowa St. here in Lawrence. Really really good buffalo wings. We stayed the entire duration of Ms. Congeniality on TBS (they had a buncha TVs there).
After dinner, it was just relaxation time. I talked to my family, finished up some journalism hw, etc. Around 11:30, I glanced at a headline about Steve Irwin's death (link to my blog entry)
and wrote in my blog about it before CNN even had it on it's ticker! It certainly was shocking news.
Today's been a boring Unlabor Day. Did a bunch of reading, started the Navs bible study, and watched "Pirates of the Caribbean."
Unlabor Day indeed.

No comments:

Lawrence Weather