Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Profession

Here we are, as my dad likes to say. I have a few weeks left in this, my final fall semester of school.
EVER.
I've posted the entirety of my Kansan.com blog posts up until today, and I'll post the last few as I write them.
I've learned a lot through this blog. I've learned that people won't like you if you're vocal. I comment quite a bit throughout the Kansan.com site, people regularly attack me and other columnists for their ideas.
(That's different from this, which is a bunch of people rightly attacking an idiot columnist for having no point to his column, and the columnist thinking he's all that.)
I think I've chosen the right profession, since God has guided me thus far, but good night is it going to be an experience. As I look back on my four years here, and long for the 300-level days of writing 4 articles per semester instead of 4 per week, I realize that the Journalism school's purpose is to thicken your skin.
After taking minor hits from professors, I got used to the idea that I was going to be criticized for the rest of my life.
And now, after working for two papers, writing a blog, criticizing other people's work (hopefully) civily, I know I can take it.
Thanks be to God for getting me ready.
Now I just have to find a job to practice it in. Anyone have any offers?

No comments:

Lawrence Weather