Friday, March 10, 2006

The Chalk Is Back

For those of you unfamiliar with the lovely feature of college campuses called chalk, let me fill you in. Sidewalk chalk has made a comeback not only with the 4-7 age range, but also the 18-22 range. Instead of just flyers, which are also quite prevalent here, they chalk the sidewalks and even the sides of buildings in order to draw attention to usually a party ("NEON-Thursday at the Granada" is one I swore I've seen since the first week of school) or some group running for something. Lately (and I'll try to get a picture up of this) there has been an inundation of chalkings advertising something called "Delta Force." Don't ask me what it is, I still don't have a darn clue.
Which brings me to my question. Does all that effort of drawing "Delta Force: Change now!" or "Delta Force: The new pink," (what?) really affect what the students think? Most students don't have a dang clue what the heck Delta Force is, and I doubt many of them really care. If they explained themselves better, perhaps they would have a better chance of doing whatever it is they're trying to do.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news, there isn't any. Well, this morning I heard a buncha sirens across campus, but that's about the extent of my excitement. That, and the orange hightops are back in service after their winter hiatus.

No comments:

Lawrence Weather