Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Life as Normal

Life has returned to normal here in Lawrence. The storm that whipped through here has now been classified as a "microburst." From all the news releases and stuff, I think that a microburst is a sudden burst of downward air from a thunderstorm. Other than that, i really don't know the technical parts of it. The paper said that the winds produced were about the same as those produced by an F1 tornado. Damage on campus has been estimated at around 6 milllion dollars. Cleanup has been amazing. All that remains to serve as a reminder is the occasional tree branch or workers fixing a roof.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news, it's only a few more days until Spring Break starts! My family and I will be in Texas for a week, so no updates here until I get back. I'll be sure to post a buncha pictures and stories and whatnot.
That's all for now.

No comments:

Lawrence Weather