Monday, November 07, 2005

Oops...Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!



Yeah, kinda forgot about this blog thing. Sorry to all who keep up with me!
I went to the KU/Nebraska game this past Saturday, and it was AWESOME. We broke the 36 year losing streak 40-15 to Big Red we had, and we set a stadium attendence record with 51,000 something people, and we tore down the goalposts two weeks in a row. This was the first, and probably the only, KU football game I went to this year, so I guess i picked the right one! It was crazy...near the end, the number of security guards probably quadrupled. People were tying their shoes tighter and linking arms with each other when there was about 5 minutes left. It wasn't that bad on the field, but i stayed a good distance away from the posts, cuz i didn't wanna get bashed with that thing when it snapped. And boy, did it snap. I went and looked at the hole it was in, and two bolts were already gone, and the remaining two were pretty much bent in half. 1inch thick bolts were bent. IN HALF. It was a pretty crazy celebration. After we hearded out of the stadium, I went home. I didn't wanna stick around for fights to break out and stuff like that.
Hmm....anything else goin on...I play for the church worship band on the 20th! Woo hoo! My first time playing my guitar in front of people since last time i played for church in Hutch. I hope i remember how!
My lovely and very nice mother sent me a very strange package the other day....it's contents:
-bubble-wrapped sunglasses
-Calvin and Hobbes comics (scattered loose throughout)
-Bank statements
-CCM magazine
-other mail
-two screws
But it was mostly:
-Cheap Halloween candy from Target!! WOOHOO!
Thanks mom. Yummy non-healthy candy!
Well that's about it.


Oh, in case you care:
16 days till Thanksgiving break, and 39 till Christmas break! "I'll be home for christmas..." Hehe!

No comments:

Lawrence Weather